Best Manufacturer of Cement-based Mortar in Gujarat 2021
Mortar is a mixture of cement, sand, and water that is consistent. In masonry construction, many types of mortars are employed depending on their applications, binding materials, strength, bulk density, and purposes. Cement mortars are the most often used mortar in building nowadays. Because of its strength and durability, cement mortar is employed in all types of construction projects.
Mortar can be used for a variety of things, including plastering over bricks or other types of masonry, flooring, and making concrete with the inclusion of coarse aggregate. Cement mortar is also a better medium for creating a smooth surface on brick or other types of stone walls.
So What is Cement Based Mortar?
A: Cement-based mortar is basically a Mortar that is applied in the form of a thick paste that hardens as it cures. It forms a tight barrier between bricks and blocks to keep air and moisture out of a building. It can compensate for differences in brick or block size to create a visually appealing and structurally sound design.
Mortar is made up of a fine aggregate (most commonly sand), a binder, and water. Lime or cement are commonly used as binders. The term “cement mortar” is used when cement is utilized.
What is Silico Crete?
SILICO Crete is a single-component, polymerized cement-based mortar, manufactured by Precise Conchem and designed for the restoration and repair of all sorts of RCC elements, such as beams, columns, and slabs. It’s a non-pourable, high-strength, dual-shrinkage-compensated repair mortar with fiber reinforcement designed for repairing and restoring structural concrete members that have been damaged or weakened.
Select ingredients carefully proportioned performance-enhancing admixtures, and the best possible mixing is used to create SILICO Crete. The performance-enhancing additives, in combination with the fibers, give regulated expansion properties in both the plastic and hardened state, decreasing crack development and lowering water demand.
The cement-based mortar composite Is used for Masonry work, plastering, repairing damaged concrete, patching or filling, rendering, floor leveling, and the development of precast products.
Binder, sand, water, and fibers are used to make the composite, which has a maximum fine-grain size of 2 mm.
It is created specifically for usage in areas where shuttering is not possible.
- Single component – Simply add water to make the mix (“Just Add Water” System).
- FiberReinforced for added toughness, ductility, and crack resistance.
- To reduce the possibility of cracking, Dual Shrinkage Compensation is used.
- On-site batching, weighing, proportioning, and dosing of cement, sand and liquid polymer is no longer necessary.
- Pre-packaged repair mortars are more cost-effective and provide more uniform proportioning and performance than site-mixed mortars. As a result, a high-strength repair compound with remarkable workability, durability, and productivity has been developed.
- Pre-mixed, pre-weighed, and pre-packaged products are available.
- Hand-applied polymer mortars or trowel-applied polymer mortars are also options.
- Extremely low permeability to protect the embedded steel reinforcement to the fullest extent possible.
- The adherence to the concrete substrate is excellent.
- Engineered to provide maximum performance, workability, and hardening times (ideal open time).
How to Apply?
- Surface preparation:
All unsound concrete and contaminants that hinder SILICO Crete retention or performance must be removed during surface preparation. It is necessary to give a clean, hard, rough surface. The repair’s shape and depth should also be examined.
The SILICO Crete repair compound is designed to attach and build strength even in thin portions.
- Reinforcement Steel Bars:
- Remove all loose scales and corrosion deposits around the whole perimeter of any corroded steel in need of repair.
- To acquire a dazzling appearance, steel must be cleaned.
- For rust-free rebars, use a Rust Remover as a rust converter primer.
- Cut back the concrete from the exposed reinforcing bars by at least 20mm behind the reinforcing bar where the reinforcing bars are rusted.
- Corrosion surrounding and on the reinforcing bar should be removed.
- After that, anti-corrosion materials should be applied to the rebar to prevent corrosion.
- If the diameter of the rebar is reduced by 18% to 20% of its original diameter after cleaning, replace the affected section.
- Apply two coatings of an appropriate bond coat to the steel reinforcement, taking special care to follow all general and specialized application instructions or ways to passivate it.
- Substrate priming:
Before repairing, clean surfaces should be moistened for at least 20 minutes.
Before priming with an appropriate bond coat as a bonding agent, any excess water should be eliminated.
SILICO Crete is a one-component product that simply requires water on-site to complete. In a forced action mixer, care should be taken to ensure that SILICO Crete is fully mixed. The dry mortar is progressively added to the water and properly mixed until the mortar is homogeneous. Slow paddle mixers or drum mixers are appropriate, with a mixing time of at least 3 minutes to ensure a smooth, uniform consistency of the mix. Allow 2–3 minutes for the mix to rest before remixing for a minute or two before applying.
If the amount of mortar required is very little, hand mixing can be allowed, but care should be given to completely mix the mortar into a “dough-like” consistency, which should take at least 5 minutes.
- With a gloved hand or trowel, apply the mixed SILICO Crete to the prepared surface.
- Compact the mortar onto the “tacky” bonding coat thoroughly, making sure there are no air spaces.
- At +30oC, SILICO Crete has a working time (pot life) of roughly 30 minutes.
- If more than one layer is to be used, the first/previous coat must be scratched/keyed and adequately set hardened before the bonding coat and second SILICO Crete coat are applied.
Dry curing rather than quick drying. To avoid quick-drying when operating in hot, dry, or windy circumstances, misting or plastic film protection may be required. When big or deep regions are exposed to direct sunlight, this is very critical. Alternatively, a curing agent can be applied to the freshly applied SILICO Crete surface.
Above you will find all the important information related to Silico Crete which is a cement-based mortar. Easy to use by adding only the required amount of water. To order it online you can visit us at http://www.preciseconchem.in/contact.php
We operate in the Whole of Maharashtra and Gujarat. For more, you can reach us at + 91-22-2756 2962/63